Bachelor of Fine Arts in Film Directing
All prospective candidates are required to submit the following:
1. Short Biography/CV
Your biography should include education, work experience/internships (if applicable), awards and certificates (if applicable).
2. Letter of Motivation (between 500 and 1,000 words maximum) answering the question: Why I want to become a filmmaker?
3. Photo story in 12 photographs
Submit 12 photographs that represent a visual and narrative whole, conveying an event. An event does not need to signify action, but rather any observation that can be narrated. Your photographs should be numbered in succession of your narrative, or joined in collage.
4. Synopsis of a film you want to make (up to one page)
5. Short Essay (between 500 and 1500 words maximum) on the subject: An encounter I will never forget.
6. Film or additional piece of visual work (not mandatory) (optional)
The candidates may submit any additional example representative of their visual sensibility, in any visual format.
7. Certificates and Transcripts
Please send copies of relevant certificates and academic transcripts, corresponding to your biography. All candidates must include a high-school diploma and diploma supplements (including grades transcripts for all academic years). International documents should be supplied both in original language and English. Do not enclose original certificates.
8. Copy of your passport
9. Passport format scanned photo
Sarajevo Film Academy reserves the right to ask for additional materials and/or information from candidates of interest, with a timely notification.